Alright guys, so a few people have nominated me for the Liebster Award now, but I’m finally caving in and accepting/doing the requirements. Honestly, the only reason I’ve put it off is sheer laziness, but alas, I’m in a coffeeshop with nothing to do for the next 45 minutes, so now is the perfect time!
I started this blog without expecting much, and it’s really been awesome to receive feedback from so many different people. I’m flattered that so many of you appreciate my recipes and food escapades (and put up with my poor food photography).
I received a Liebster nomination from Edibles & Travels, another food blog that has some awesome recipes (and I’m secretly jealous that she lives in Australia).
Anyways, here are the basic rules of the award:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator (see below)
3. Pass on the award to 11 new recipients
4. Pose 11 new questions to your bloggers
And here are the questions asked with my responses:
1. What do you love most about blogging?
It’s a great time killer. Just kidding. I like blogging because it keeps me writing. As a creative writing major, it’s important for me to write every day (even if it’s not my best quality work). I like the idea that others might find what I have to say helpful, as well. And let’s be honest, blogging about food is just another way to relive that great meal I had…
2. What’s your profession/what are you studying?
Currently, I am in university for creative writing (and I am minoring in strategic communication, which is basically a mixture of public relations and management). Im not entirely sure what I want to do after college, but I’ve been thinking about possibly going to culinary school (if I can save up enough). Ideally, I’d like to have a career that allows me to be creative, whether it’s with writing or food.
3. Tell us in one sentence what your blog’s about.
My blog is about really good food I buy and sometimes good food I make.
4. Who inspires you?
This is a toughie. Lisbeth Salander. If fictional characters don’t count, my mom. God, that sounds cheesy and so unlike me, but it’s oddly true. My mom’s been through a lot these past few years, and her resilience never ceases to amaze me. We haven’t always had the best relationship, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for her.
5. If you could choose to teleport to one place in the world right now, where would it be?
San Francisco, I could really go for a burrito from El Farolito right now. Or maybe Portland, I’ve never been and the majority of my friends are there right now (it’s our spring break).
6. What’s your favourite dish?
TOO HARD. Ummm, Benihana fried rice used to be my favorite. Not the most gourmet, but so good nonetheless. I really like Thai noodles, extra spicy, any kind really. If I’m really hungry, I love a good plate of traditional German spaetzle and sauerbraten or pork schnitzel. With cabbage, of course. And I also really love traditional Mexican dishes.
7. Which celebrities would you invite to a dinner party and why?
Noomi Rapace, because I am madly in love with her. And Adrien Brody, for the same reason. And Gael Garcia Bernal for…yup…the same reason. But I’d also invite Gordon Ramsey, because I’m curious what he’s like outside of reality television, and I think Mindy Kaling would be a ton of fun in any social setting, so she can come too.
8. What’s your favourite restaurant/cafe where you live?
Back in Saratoga, I love Sweet Pea’s (technically that’s in Los Gatos, but close enough). They’ve got awesome crepes, even if it’s always packed. Here in Seattle, it’s a lot harder to pick because there are so many options. My top three, though, would probably be Hot Mama’s Pizza, Annapurna, and Thai Tom in the U District.
9. How long have you been blogging for?
I’ve had other blogs in the past, but I’ve maintained this one since the this past fall.
10. Do you have any pets? What is/are their names?
My family has two dogs, Zoe & Sadie. If I were to own a pet, I’d want either an Egyptian hairless cat (although I hear they have a lot of health problems) or a black bunny rabbit (although rabbits are kinda a lot to handle, so I’d probably stick with the cat). And I’d name it Pontius Pilate.
11. If you could spend the entire week with any person of your choice, who would it be and why?
I’m not too sure I could spend an entire week with anyone. If I was dating someone, I’d say them, but I’m not, so….
Alright, so I’m supposed to nominate 11 new people and ask them questions.
Here are 11 awesome blogs I follow though that are worth checking out. All of the blogs I follow are worth checking out, of course, but HERE ARE ELEVEN.
The Food ReFashionista
And here are my questions for them:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What’s the best and worst thing you have ever made?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
4. What’s the strangest gift you have ever received?
5. What’s your idea of a perfect date?
6. If you could cook dinner for anyone in the world, who would it be and what would you make?
7. What was your favorite movie growing up?
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
9. What’s your favorite restaurant to go to? What do you get there?
10. If you had to give up having a phone or computer, which would it be and why?
11. What was the best thing that happened to you last year?